HOO WEE i cant believe someone made this shit for me!!!!!! these are all sick AF gifs, thx for makin suck a rad rep of me <3 <3 <3
The Boxtrolls (2014) | Behind the Scenes
via Animation Magazine:
- 1 week; the average amount of time for an animator to complete 3.7 seconds of footage
- 3.5 inches, the cuff-to-cuff measurement of baby Eggs’ sweater (created on an embroidery machine to produce irregular lines, like a hand-knitted garment). His little socks are only ⅝” long
- 4 scenes per week was the goal for each animator
- 14 different fabrics were used in Lord Portley-Rind’s white hat
- 24 kinds of weeds were created for backgrounds by the greens department
- 55 different sculpts of prop cheeses were made; different scale sizes were needed for wide, medium and close shots
The 7th image… oh man..how do they animate water so that the wave lights animate alongside the character animation?? Is that some 3D printed water right there that they switch out over and over??? A light projection thru glass? Dying to know how it works. Everything about how Laika makes movies is real actual magic
It looks like it might be glad plate, and for each frame they would just trade it out for the next plate and the next
"oh great, who invited Dave??"
View the fullsize tutorial on DA | The most handy hair structure tutorials are this video by Proko and thisblog post.These are useful for thinking about the direction hair locks flow with different styles: 1 2 3 4 5 | Painting Realistic Hair | Shading with gradients: 1 2 | Tutorials by me including: Gimp Brush Dynamics, Coloring Eyes and Coloring Method.
All example characters are fromThe Silver Eye webcomic!
Bless you for this *—-*
together at last
FREE MARKET FREE MARKET LESS REGULATION what an actual free market where we’re not on top are you kidding MORE REGULATION MORE REGULATION IN OUR FAVOR BWAAAAAAAAAGH
So, basically, because the EPB is doing such a good job, Comcast want regulations to crush them dead.